May 20, 2013

His First Waffle with Squishy Banana

"Blessed be the Lord who has given rest to His people Israel, according to all that He promised. Not one word has failed of all His good promise, which He spoke by Moses His servant. 1 Kings 8:56

This verse is a reminder that our God is a one who keeps His promises. He has not and will not fail us, ever. Let's stop doubting Him, and let us embrace this truth and praise our gracious Father for all He promises:

It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; He will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. Deuteronomy 31:8

casting all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent. Exodus 14:14

Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, Ephesians 3:20

But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ— by grace you have been saved Ephesians 2:4, 5

Those are all promises from God, our Creator, and He will keep them. I hope you find joy in this gift!


Someone likes waaaafffllleeesss! We have waffle Sunday each week here in the Carrillo home, and we decided it was past due for baby Santi to have his first bite of these crispy goodies. The waffle ingredients go down this way: quinoa flour, rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nut milk, vanilla, applesauce and ground flaxseed with a splash of water (ground flaxseed + water = binder like egg). I mashed a banana on Santi's so it would soften the waffle a bit. Served with a spoon. He approved and asked for one each Sunday for the rest of his life. I told him I will make that a priority for me. My boys love them wafflez!

A roundup of a recent meal: Okay, this was definitely a salad dressing failure, but I have to prove that I am a human who makes lots of kitchen mistakes so here goes. I had every intent of making a great citrus-flavored dressing for my kale salad. I have been on a romaine kick so I tried to switch up which leafy green I would use for my big evening salad. Kale was chosen, and oranges were going to dress the bowl. Whew, what a disaster. One orange, some raisins and... nothing else went into my blender. It was good by itself, but not over kale, and not with sesame seeds sprinkled on top! Oh well, I made myself eat it and again - the steamed vegetables added so much life to the salad so I tossed them on into the dish, which saved it from dying. Hooray! I'll get this homemade dressing task down someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment