May 9, 2013

Lentil Loaf and Salsa

For You have delivered my soul from death, yes, my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of life. Psalms 56:13

Our souls have been delivered from death, our amazing God has sent His Son to die for us so that we can be saved from an eternal, painful, empty death once this life is over. Instead of constantly falling on our faces (which we so easily do when we stop depending on Christ and try to get through life on our own), Jesus keeps us firm in Him and we are able to walk in the light of God. I love imagining Him carrying me always by His side. Whenever I stumble, it's as if He is right there ready to catch me and bring me back to my feet. Such a great promise of life in Jesus Christ and His constant light carrying us through life!



This lentil loaf from Angela at Oh She Glows is sort of bullet proof. I have made it half a dozen times, and it has yet to turn out poorly. Recently I made a large amount of it and gave some to my folks, who enjoyed it "if you don't expect to taste meatloaf" and covered it in Sriracha hot sauce. This inspired me on leftover day and let me tell youuuu! So GOOD. It happened, the lentil loaf was improved. More salsa, please! 

Hubby's Maniac Salsa
makes enough for 1+ weeks
  • 30 serrano chilis
  • 2 small-medium roma tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Now go cook up some lentils, and get to spicy loaf land.


Oh man. So good.

No comments:

Post a Comment