July 16, 2013

Cucumber, Mango, Tomato Salad

But He replied, “My gift of undeserved grace is all you need. My power is strongest when you are weak.” So if Christ keeps giving me his power, I will gladly brag about how weak I am.
2 Corinthians 12:9 CEV

"when we are weak in ourselves, then we are strong in the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ; when we see ourselves weak in ourselves, then we go out of ourselves to Christ, and are qualified to receive strength from Him, and experience most of the supplies of divine strength and grace." Matthew Henry's commentary.

God's grace is enough for me. It is all I need. Even when I lift up a prayer request to Him and I don't receive the answer I had hoped for, He still answers me. Even when I repeat the same sin ten times in a week, He still forgives me. Even when I close my mouth and feel too insecure to share His promise of eternal life after this one is over, He still loves me. This is grace; a gift given that is undeserved. This is grace; one of God's most divine and overwhelming qualities.


This is when a few mangoes weren't quite ripe, but I wanted to give it a try. Also, needed more tomato. Other than that, this dish is a win win win win!! Next time I am adding 6x the tomatoes, more ripe mango, aaaaaand the cucumbers were perfect. Very refreshing for summer, and you can dice the cucumber as well for a "salsa" like recipe for romaine boats!
  • 2 English cucumbers, cut thinly with mandolin (good)
  • 3 mangoes, I used the skinny Ataulfo guys (use 5-6)
  • 3 roma tomatoes, diced  (double this)

No comments:

Post a Comment