July 6, 2013

Raw: Spicy Green Pasta

Set your mind on things above,
not on things on the earth.
Colossians 3:2

One of the shortest, most simply put verses I have read lately. Where is my mind set on right now? On whether or not I will have time to exercise today? On what I'm going to do with the babe during our day together? On work, on me, me, me, myself and I? Selfishness. Pride. What am I going to do today that is going to make me look good for only a moment? One track mind. Don't set your mind on things of the earth - there is no harvest in this.

Commentary from Bible Study Tools:

"not on things on the earth; not mind earth and earthly things, temporal enjoyments, riches, and honours; and though food and raiment, and the necessaries of life, are to be sought after, and cared and provided for, yet not with anxiety and perplexity of mind, in an over thoughtful and distressing manner; nor should the heart be set on those outward things, or happiness placed in the possession of them."

What would it look like if my mind was set on things above? On sharing Christ's love. On God's gift to man. On inner peace provided by Jesus Christ as He dwells in us. My heart would ache, for one, because I would think more about all the people who need Jesus. Who hasn't heard His message yet, the hope of eternity with their loving King, the gift of forgiveness of sins? Who has heard it but has questions? Who knows that truth exists but isn't sure how to start this journey? Who needs hope in a discouraging part of their life? Who is exhausted by the demands of the world, and longs to lean on Someone more compassionate?

I pray for boldness to not only write about Jesus and His gift of salvation, but to speak this truth and "make disciples of all the nations" like Matthew 28:19 guides us to.

Let us set our minds on things that are eternal. Let us try, by the grace of God, to shine for Christ when it's easier to shine for our own glory.



Spicy Green Sauce, meet zucchini noodles. Zucchini noodles, meet spicy green sauce. Be friends. Enjoy the inside of my belly. This is so, so good. You can mix up the ingredients, this time I used a zucchini, half a bell pepper, a poblano chili (not spicy) with some sunflower seeds and lemon juice (2 lemon's worth). So, so good! Even beats my red sauce over these noodles. Yums!


Santi says, "I don't like spicy right now I just want blueberries with oatmeal. Thanks"

1 comment: