August 4, 2013

CIlantro, Mango Salsa over Greens

Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 1:13 ESV

My hope is found in the promise that Jesus will come back, and this verse says He will bring us the gift of (undeserved) grace along with Him. That means, although we are nasty sinners, if we have accepted His gift of salvation, once He returns we are not guilty before Him! Mind you, as long as we ask for forgiveness before He returns we are then already washed clean. Yet there is something beautiful about knowing that once we are in God's presence, we are completely redeemed by His Son's death for our sins, resurrection for our hope. We have nothing to fear, no worries to hold on to - in Jesus' eyes, we are holy!


Santiago likes gardening, and I like eating gardens. Win, win! Here is a recipe that I found in the raw food blogger world, and it was absolutely delicious!

Cilantro n' Mango Salsa (over greens!)
  • 1-2 mangos
  • 1 medium tomato
  • 1 handful cilantro
  • optional: 1/4 cup diced red onion
  • optional: 1 serrano chili pepper (spicy!) 
You have two options: peel the mangos and dice them, as well as the tomato, and cut the cilantro fine then combine everything in a bowl and toss with a head of your favorite leafy green. Or throw the salsa ingredients in a blender and make it into a dressing! I choice option B, because it takes less time. But I think next time I will dice everything up so it's more "salsa" like and I will probably add some onion!


The greens I chose were: a couple handfuls of spring mix and half a head of green leaf lettuce to make things crunchy. Oh so good!

4 comments:

  1. So I made a similar salsa at my aunt's house last week in Minnesota...mangos, JICAMA (yum!!!), cilantro, lime juice, green onion (but we used just white vidalia, very little), serrano or jalepeno pepper (fresh finely chopped, to taste) and I think that was it but I will have to ask her for the recipe...the combo of the jicama and the mango was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Bethany! I am so going to buy jicama and make that salsa! I can imagine the crispy texture making that salsa so, so good. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  2. and we ate it with baked corn tortillas cut in fourths to make au natural "totopos" or tortilla chips of course...but it would be awesome on romaine too...I might have to make it again this week because it was so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum!! Now I'm in the mood for some chips. We have tortillas that edu always makes into tostadas and my gosh SO crunchy good!

      Delete