August 24, 2013

What I Ate Today: High Fruity, Raw Vegan

But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled,
1 Peter 3:14

For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that should be God’s will, than for doing evil.
1 Peter 3:17

Even if I suffer for righteousness' sake, I will be blessed. Even if, by opening my mouth and talking about Jesus, I lose friends, I am hated, I am rejected, even then... I will be blessed. Unfortunately, I don't usually talk about Jesus, with the exception of this blog.

I don't want to lose friends (I am selfish), I don't want to be hated (I am proud), I don't want to be rejected.

"It's as if we think we are too good to be persecuted." It's as if I think I should avoid persecution completely and I know how to do so: keep my mouth shut at every opportunity I am given to talk about how amazing Jesus Christ is.

I want to be persecuted. Jesus Himself was persecuted, and killed. Do I think I deserve an easier life than Him? How do any of us, sinners flawed wicked rude prideful selfish, think we should have it better than Jesus - perfect, loving, Son of God, kind, giving, humble, selfless servant.

I want to talk about Jesus. I want to share all He is to me. I want to tell everyone how God, Jesus' Father and mine, has lavished so, so much upon all of us and He gives us the free will to follow Him and receive these gifts or...follow this world and receive absolutely nothing but despair.

"For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that should be God’s will, than for doing evil. "

Praying. For boldness. To be more like Christ. To share freely. To be honest and loving in the truth.

To stop being a fool who keeps their mouth shut all. the. time. Except to crack jokes, discuss nothingness and attempt encouraging those around me without having to actually say anything about Jesus.

Praying.



I used to not be able to imagine what someone could possibly eat and be fully satisfied, fully full and not malnourished when their diet consists of only fruit and vegetables. I would bring up the thought that you ought to eat nuts or seeds for boosted protein, or beans and grains for their great nutrient punch. Then I ate like this one day. And I realized.

I'm fully satisfied today.
I am fully full.
I am not malnourished.

Celebrate! Now I share what I did. 

Breakfast: I cut up half a giant watermelon. I ate it slowly and savored every piece. Just kidding, I drank water from wake (5:30am) to work (8:15am) and then proceeded to eat this so fast that my gut yelled at me LOUDLY for filling it with so much water at once that I had to take a serious break a third of the way trough to prevent toppling over onto the floor beneath my computer chair and THEN I slowed down and savored every last bite.

Lunch: I filled my blender with kale and a little water. Pulsed. Then I filled the blender and shredded kale water with bananas. Blend. It made 2 1/2 jars. At 34oz a jar that is 81oz of oh my goodness! Slurped once I felt hungry, with breaks in between each jar. Like a three course meal! Cool.

Dinner: I cut up an entire head of romaine and it was huge and green and crispy and yums. Next I diced a couple beef steak tomatoes, bell pepper, Serrano chili, some green onion and juiced 1 lime. Into a bag they went to marinate since I ran out of glassware. It took me a long time to chew. It was delicious. I make it many times a week.. Sometimes I add half an avocado. Sometimes I eat carrots.

It's not always this way. Sometimes I eat with my baby boy and he eats steamed vegetables for dinner. Munch munch. Another time just recently I made my hubs brown rice curry with pineapple bell pepper carrots and chili peppers (and curry powder, turmeric and garam masala with shredded coconut). He couldn't eat it all so I did. It tasted like spicy wonders. 

I'm almost always full after those salads. But I often leave a special part in my tummy for some of my babe's streamed vegetables. Cooked carrots taste sweet and divine, and cooked potato is ah ma gash good.

Month 4 of eating this way: commence!

I'll tell you one thing is for sure sure sure: my gut doesn't miss beans!


No comments:

Post a Comment