September 26, 2013

Birthday BBQs

But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled,
1 Peter 3:14

For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that should be God’s will, than for doing evil.
1 Peter 3:17

Even if I suffer for righteousness' sake, I will be blessed. Even if, by opening my mouth and talking about Jesus, I lose friends, I am hated, I am rejected, even then... I will be blessed. Unfortunately, I don't usually talk about Jesus, with the exception of this blog.

I don't want to lose friends (I am selfish), I don't want to be hated (I am proud), I don't want to be rejected.

"It's as if we think we are too good to be persecuted." It's as if I think I should avoid persecution completely and I know how to do so: keep my mouth shut at every opportunity I am given to talk about how amazing Jesus Christ is.

I want to be persecuted. Jesus Himself was persecuted, and killed. Do I think I deserve an easier life than Him? How do any of us, sinners flawed wicked rude prideful selfish, think we should have it better than Jesus - perfect, loving, Son of God, kind, giving, humble, selfless servant.

I want to talk about Jesus. I want to share all He is to me. I want to tell everyone how God, Jesus' Father and mine, has lavished so, so much upon all of us and He gives us the free will to follow Him and receive these gifts or...follow this world and receive absolutely nothing but despair.

"For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that should be God’s will, than for doing evil. "

Praying. For boldness. To be more like Christ. To share freely. To be honest and loving in the truth.

To stop being a fool who keeps their mouth shut all. the. time. Except to crack jokes, discuss nothingness and attempt encouraging those around me without having to actually say anything about Jesus.

Praying.

~~~~~~~~~~~

My husband and my brother have birthdays in the month of August. My mom in her creative, mama-wisdom decided that not only was a BBQ in order for the family in order to celebrate, but a combined birthday bash was supreme. So we chose a menu, we invited all, we had birthday cards for both the boys/men/dudes. And we BBQed.

Oh, and side note: I took only 4 pictures (exaggeration) - not one of the food (what did we eat?) and not any great ones of the birthday boys. I s'pose I was focusing on baby more than camera, and I'm slightly (lots of?) insecure with my "hey, can I take your guys' photo?" willingness to ask before I shoot.









I really enjoy family get-togethers, and I know my family can agree.  Its funny how not-so-often our family sees each other when there are no birthdays or holidays happening. This is the reason all of us kids (there are four of us) need to calculate child bearing to happen on the months that we don't already have birthdays and/or holidays. That way, we have an excuse to see each other's sweet faces at least once a month. Right now we are left with the following months open (so giving birth on these months is highly recommended and encouraged): January, March, June & October. Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment