September 7, 2013

Orange, Pineapple n' Strawberry Smoothie

Better is one day in Your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Psalm 84:10 NIV

Better is ONE day in the dwelling place of God, in His presence, or even near His presence. Better is just ONE day with Him than 1,000 _______ elsewhere. I hadn't noticed this until I read into the verse a bit - but notice how it doesn't say "a 1,000 days" or months, or years. It could be better is one day with the Lord than a thousand decades anywhere else!

To be a doorkeeper is basically to be a servant. Prefer to be a servant in the house of God, than a prince or ruler in the tents of the wicked.

Better is one day with our loving God, than a thousand years as master, as a ruler, without God.

I think of the book of Ecclesiastes and the author, Solomon. He had EVERYTHING we are all told that, once we obtain, we will be HAPPY. In modern times that would be: a home, a great relationship, money, a car, a successful job, etc. or we could go the other extreme and say: a life full of self-pleasing sin, sexual sin, abusing our bodies with drugs, excess alcohol, carelessness.

Guess what Solomon came to found when all of his boxes were checked off?

"Meaningless! Meaningless!” says the Teacher. “Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless.” Ecclesiastes 1:2 NIV

Life is just better with Jesus.

Life without Christ isn't life at all, it's death. Away from our Savior, tying to get by on our own, falling short constantly. Feeling drained, carrying heavy loads daily, drowning in our weakness.

In the past you were spiritually dead because of your disobedience and sins. Ephesians 2:1

BUT THERE IS HOPE!

But God's mercy is so abundant, and his love for us is so great, that while we were spiritually dead in our disobedience he brought us to life with Christ. It is by God's grace that you have been saved. Ephesians 2:4-5

Better is one day in the courts of God, than thousands elsewhere.


I have been, as you can tell (my faithful 3 readers!) busy. I have come to realize, by God's grace and power to humble us and open our eyes, that my priorities were a little off. I am juggling many tasks and responsibilities, as the Lord has placed them on my path, and giving Him each day, because He knows well I can not and will not make it spiritually or mentally alive if I try to depend on myself.

My priorities are as follows:
  • time with Jesus, time in His word, first thing in the morning. 
  • Shower, get ready, do pelvic floor exercises, they take up maybe 2 minutes and I need 'em or walking, jumping, and running won't be on my "things I enjoy" list (jumping, really? teehee!).
  • Food prep. I cut up melon, make smoothies, and dice a dozen fruits each morning (unless I am rock star and do twice as much work in a day, then the next morning I have "off" in the food prep department). This can and usually takes well up to an hour if I'm motivated and do a lil' extra.
  • Breakfast. I have to consume calories before the day starts (meaning either the baby girl I nanny arrives - around 8:00am most days - or my peanut wakes up - anywhere from 7:30-8:45am). I don't, however, finish breakfast as a priority. Since I eat high volume fruit meals for breakfast it takes me a good couple hours to finish so I take my time - no rush! Drinking lots of water from the moment I wake up is also a daily activity. 1-1.5 liters of H2O before I even pick up a fork for breakfast.
  • everything else. the "everything else" hardly ever happens. Many factors play into this, including how long I slept, how early I was able to wake up, how much time I joyfully lose myself in God's Word and/or prayer and don't want to stop, how much food prep, if Santiago wakes early, etc.
  • Everything else: my to do list (write letters, wedding cards, do paintings, Santiago's one year birthday invitations, exercise?!) blog.
Notice how blogging has taken last priority. I don't really want this to be the case anymore, though. Because I really believe God has given me this blog to use for His glory, so I want to take advantage of that.

Long introduction short: here's a post. I'm trying.

A smoothie recipe! Voila! This one will make your taste buds dream happy dreams.

Orange, Pineapple n' Strawburry Yum Yums
serves 1-64 oz load or 2-32oz jars
  • 1 pineapple, cut into chunks
  • 4 oranges, peeled and torn into smaller segments
  • 2 cups frozen strawberries *organic
  • 1 cup water
Blend! You might have to do this in 2 parts, depending on the size of your blender. Enjoy with a straw and an empty belly.


oh gosh. so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment