October 6, 2013

Chunky Pesto over Zucchini Pasta

And every priest stands daily at his service, offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified. And the Holy Spirit also bears witness to us; for after saying, “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws on their hearts, and write them on their minds,” then he adds, “I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more.” Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer any offering for sin. Hebrews 10:11-18

I praise the Lord: for we no longer need a priest to offer sacrifices yearly for his and our sins - for CHRIST JESUS was the ultimate sacrifice Himself and through Him we can have all of our sins forgiven. He is a one time offering that washes away the sins of all men, if we come to Him and repent (tell Him our sin) and ask for cleansing (forgiveness).

I praise the Lord: for the same Jesus who shed His blood for my salvation (and yours - embrace it!) sits at the right hand of GOD. The Creator of you and me, whose hands formed our inner most beings, who knows the numbers of hairs on our head, who is preparing a place in Heaven for us who follow Him.

I praise the Lord: for this reminder that even Jesus, who loved and served and preached God's promises, had enemies. He was hated, mocked, despised. When I feel like someone "doesn't like me" whether it be because my faith, my hope for life after this, my lifestyle, I will not grow weary. Christ wasn't loved by all, so to believe that I should be loved by all isn't right. I don't deserve to be treated better than Jesus was treated.

I praise Jesus: for the offering of Himself He made at the cross. I enjoy Matthew Henry's commentary on verse 14, "[Jesus] has delivered and will perfectly deliver those that are brought over to him, from all the guilt, power, and punishment of sin, and will put them into the sure possession of perfect holiness and felicity. .....if we indeed are aiming at a perfect state, we must receive the Lord Jesus as the only high priest that can bring us to that state."

I praise the Father: because He no longer remembers our past sins once we lay them down at His feet through confession and repentance, and ask for His forgiveness. He doesn't keep a list of all of our mistakes, failures, horrible choices. He washes us clean, 100%, and this sets us free. I am in awe by His kindness that we don't deserve.



I have posted a handful of zucchini pasta sauces and pestos over these past months, and I will admit they are all pretty similar. Yet, I can't apologize for this repetitiveness because, well, goodness me, they are all too good not to share. I mean, this one is chunky and has fabulous texture and dances in your mouth and.... I'm a fan. I hope you become a fan, too. Yum, man!



Chunky Pesto over Zucchini Pasta
serves 1 or.... bring to a potluck!
  • 4 zucchinis
  • 2 beef steak tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, soaked overnight and drained
  • 1 lemon's juice (1/4 cup)
  • 1 cup packed basil leaves (fresh!)
  • 1/2 cup (or a handful) of spinach
  1. Spiralize 3 of your zucchini, or use a vegetable julienne peeler like I do! 
  2. Chop your tomatoes, and place in a bowl with the zucchini noodles
  3. Add the remaining ingredients (seeds, lemon juice, basil, spinach) to a blender or food processor and blend until fairly smooth (you can see in the picture that I didn't let it puree 100%, I liked the texture a lot this way!) - you may need to add a splash or two of water to help the machine whip it all together. 
  4. Pour over your pasta. Eat and enjoy it's wild flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment