November 9, 2013

Green Toys and No-Dressing Salads

For whom the Lord loves He disciplines, and scourges every son whom He receives. If you endure discipline, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not discipline? Hebrews 12:6-7

This verse is hard to read and accept. But all scripture is Spirit breathed and profitable (meaning God put each word in the bible for a reason) so I am called to pick apart these verses and understand them further. You love me, Lord, so you discipline me. Like we love our babies/kids/teens, we discipline them. Out of LOVE. I pray I don't forget this the next time I feel some hard-core, heavy discipline from my Heavenly Father! 

Some commentary from Matthew Henry mixed with my added comments - Afflictions (trials, suffering, hard times, tests, sorrow) are the proof of God's paternal love to His people and His care for them. The best of God's children need discipline - I have my faults and my follies, which need to be corrected. Though God may let others alone in their sins, He will correct sin in His own children ~ they are of His family, and shall not escape His rebukes. Like a father to his child. In this our Lord God is Father, treating us as His own children. No wise/good father ignores faults in His own children. His relations and afflictions oblige him to take more notice of the faults of his own children than those of others. This explains a lot when we wonder why non-believers "get away" with heavy sin and it seems like God doesn't discipline them at all. It's clear in these verses that God disciplines His own children, He deals with us as His sons and daughters, and He does this in love, for our good)

If I suffer and go on with sin without any rebuke it is a sad sign of alienation from God - I would not be His child, could not call Him Father, I would be a pale offspring of another father, not God.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


 Where has this blog been? Well. Right here. It hasn't moved. The author, however... Okay I won't speak in third person. I have been doing what I like to refer to as "life". We didn't have a computer for a while, then we did, but I didn't use it, and now I am using it again. Simple as that! I really feel, however, that God is amazingly using this blog for His glory, even though a sinner is typing the words (that's me) - so I'm going to try to make this a priority. And sharing baby photos is always enjoyed by many, I can imagine. 

Onward! This is an airplane we got for Santi for his birthday. We decided we wanted to buy him real toys from real places so this little guy is from the folks at Green Toys, and here's what they have to say about their (rad) company:

"We believe the world would be a much better place if everyone said “please” and “thank you", cell phones didn’t ring during movies, and all toys were fun, safe, and made from environmentally friendly materials. Since it’s probably no use holding our breath for those first two, we’re concentrating on the toys. 
 
Green Toys Inc. makes an awesome line of classic children’s toys constructed from recycled plastic and other environmentally friendly materials. This helps reduce fossil fuel use and reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improving the overall health and happiness of the planet."

Cool! Santi is just starting to understand and respond to us making airplane noises and flying this toy in the air. Too. much. cute. "vrmmmmmm....."


This Don't Need-a Dressing SALAD!
serves 1 as a meal, 2 as a side
  • 1 1/2 heads leafy green lettuce (I used red leaf)
  • 1 chubby cucumber, peeled and sliced
  • 4 juicy nectarines
  • 2 beef steak tomatoes
  1. Cut up your greens, place in bowl. Add cucumber. Cut up your nectarines, remove pits, discard, place nectarines in the salad. Add slices of tomato. You're done. Enjoy your full, satisfied belly!

I miss them Summer fruits (yes, that photo was taken months ago. I'm that behind on food-related blog posts!). But I'm diving full on into how cheap oranges and apples are right now! Let's do this, Season change. Let's up our citrus (cheap pineapple joy!) and go wild on our apple and banana purees. Cinnamon, persimmons, some blended dates. I'll take it. But my belly is looking forward to watermelon season, won't lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment