November 15, 2013

Recipe Video: Kale Banana Ice Cream

We used to be stupid, disobedient, and foolish, as well as slaves of all sorts of desires and pleasures. We were evil and jealous. Everyone hated us, and we hated everyone. God our Savior showed us how good and kind he is. He saved us because of His mercy, and not because of any good things we have done. God washed us by the power of the Holy Spirit. He gave us new birth and a fresh beginning. Titus 3:3-5

We all started as sinners. But God provides a new life in His Son, Jesus Christ! *Matthew Henry commentary with my notes added: Because of my foolish ways, past and present, I should all the more bear with the folly (sin, stupidity) of unbelievers. They are no more sinful as I am, and yet they are without the hope and cleansing of Jesus Christ. I am no better than they are, my current sin is no smaller than theirs. I need to give grace to others in their sin just as I would hope to receive grace when I was without Christ and knee-deep in selfish, prideful, people-pleasing sin. Imagine my unsaved self (or your unsaved self) confronted by a Christian in hate or reproach, judgement and disapproval.

Man thinks, in their worldly state, that giving into carnal sin by fulfilling their every pleasure, lust and desire, they experience complete freedom. And yet, they are complete slaves to the sins of the flesh, they have become entangled by the devil's schemes and have come to believe the lie that they are FREE. Was this me? Did I l feel like living a life for Christ meant giving up my freedom? Free to... live to please others, live to win their approval, live to freely watch "bad movies" live to freely date whoever, and yet, I was a slave to others! To their approval, worldly humor in crude movies, to stupid social media and television. I worshipped boys and idolized them, along with the idea of finding complete joy and happiness in dating one! Oh, lost pre-teen.... I'm so sorry.

How much more FREEDOM I have found in being a slave to Christ! In how good and kind the Father is, not because of any good I have done (little). God has washed me clean from my past and has filled me with His Holy Spirit. He has given me new birth and a fresh beginning! In being a slave to Christ I live to serve Him, to show love and compassion to the world because He did, to be generous to those in need, kind to the fallen and broken hearted, this is freedom! I am no longer bound by chains but washed by Christ's shed blood. And yet, even though I am far from perfect and still sin and fall often - "God our Savior showed us how good and kind He is. He saved us because of His MERCY, and not because of any good things we have done." It's not about my perfection. It's about God's mercy in understanding that I will never reach perfect, and He is glad in seeing me try.

God is so, so good. We are so, so unworthy.

~~~

Oh hi! I started to make recipe videos again (really?) - okay. I have uploaded one. Maybe two. in the past 9 months. But we all start somewhere, don't we now? These are fun! Baby Santi makes recipe videos high in cuteness content. I make them... educational.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I should say sorry, but I have to admit I chuckled each time you turned on the blender thingy and Santi jumped. Major cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness me, agreed! I didn't notice it happened so abruptly until I watched the video. I also feel like I should slightly not laugh - but look at him!!

      Delete