November 13, 2013

The Nutrients in a High Fruit Dinner

Pursue peace with all peace, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord; Hebrews 12:14

But. It's. so. so. hard. Even that one person? You know, the one that thinks I'm useless. Or the other person? The one who hates the entire world and every living breathing creature that doesn't serve them like royalty? What about the people who hate Jesus? Even.... them? Is it even possible to have a peaceable mindset toward them? How, Lord? How?

Matthew Henry commentary/my notes: With renewed strength and peace that the Lord provides, I strive for this peace with all men. If I pass through affliction impatiently and wearily, man will notice and feel discouraged - but if I walk quietly and peaceably, as I wait and trust in the Lord, the light of my testimony will shine, Christ will be honored, and my peers will notice. Follow peace and holiness  - even in my suffering - even when a certain person is the reason for my suffering - strive for peace with them.

A lot like the previous verses in Hebrews 12 (don't be weary, discouraged, walking around with your droopy hands) - as believers and followers of Christ Jesus, we are the only lights in this world and clearly this world is a dark, depressing, discouraging planet. Strive for peace. For God's glory, not our own.

~~~

Happy baby and grandma alert!


 During the Summer time, instead of having lots of vegetables for dinner I would simply continue on with my high fruit meals, but add extra greens. Some would think (or would they?), "woah, you're completely nutrient deficient if all you eat is fruit! WHERE ARE YOUR CRUCIFEROUS SUPER FOODS?!" to them I say, "cruciferous vegetables hurt my intestinal walls if eaten too often or in small quantities at all. Check out these numbers. Check out them nutrients. Enjoy your cauliflower toots later." 

  • Lettuce romaine: 1.5 heads
  • Peaches: 5
  • Cucumber: 2 large, peeled
519 calories
21.7 grams of protein
114.5 grams carbs
5.6 grams fat (84% of my Omega 3's needed for the day!) 

Extremely high in Copper, Iron, Mangesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, B1, B2, Folate, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K. & High in B3, B5, B6, Vitamin E, Calcium and Zinc.
So. Next time you think a high fruit, high carb, low fat, no beans, no grains, vegetables at night diet is deficient, remind yourself that it is very far from deficient in anything. And enjoy your kale and banana smoothie!

No comments:

Post a Comment